See what your car is doing in real time, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data, and more! Torque is a vehicle/car performance/diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU.
March 7, 2022
4.1 and up
You can see what your car does in realtime. Get OBD fault codes, sensor data, and car performance.
Torque is a vehicle/car performance/diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU
Your dashboard can be laid out with the widgets/gauges that you like!
It can also use GPS to log tracker logs and OBD engine logging, so you can always see where you are at any given moment.
It can also reset or show a DTC/CEL/fault code, just like a scanner. It helps you repair your car and lowers repair costs!
Torque is also available:
* Dyno / Dynomometer, Horsepower/HP & Torque
* Can read Transmission Temperatures (vehicle dependant)
* 0-60 Speed Timings – More accurate than using plain GPS – See how fast your car (or truck) is
* Readout on CO2 emissions
* Customisable dashboard & profiles
* Record your journey with the Track Recorder plugin and OBDII overlay onscreen – a black box to your car/truck
* Send GPS-tagged tweets automatically to Twitter (for instance, if you’re on a road trip).
* Large fault code database to lookup fault codes from different manufacturers
* Theme support (choose one of several themes to modify the appearance of your dashboard).
* Email log information to web, or CSV/KML via email for analysis via Excel / OpenOffice reader
* Nighttime driving with head-up display/HUD mode
* GPS-Based Compass that doesn’t experience magnetic interference
* GPS Speedometer/Tracking with realtime web upload capability. See what you did and how your engine was performing at any given moment.
* TurboBoost feature for vehicles that support MAP or MAF sensors (VW & Golf / Audi / Seat, etc. supported)
* Voice/speech overlay for alarms and warnings, such as if the coolant temperature exceeds 120C.
* Car dock support
* Graph data
* Capable to share screenshots on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Email
* AIDL API for third party apps, A simple Telnet Interface for developers to talk with the adapter and an OBD scanner.
* Compatible with tablet devices such as the Motorola Xoom and Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Nook, and Nook.
It works on all vehicles that use the OBD 2 standard. This includes vehicles made after 2000 but also vehicles from 1996. You can verify this information with your manufacturer or search for the OBD2 label on your engine bay.
Ford, VW and GM/Vauxhall/Opel vehicles are covered. Some ECUs of vehicles may have more or less features than others.
To work, the app requires a Bluetooth OBD2 converter. The adapter, which is small, plugs into your car’s diagnostic socket. This gives you access to your phone. You can find a list of adapters on: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters (Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported)
Buy a cheap china OBD2 Bluetooth adapter on Amazon / eBay. Make sure the seller has a good return policy.
Scantool.net is a trusted OBD2 / OBD2 adapter. It supports the OBDKey and PLX Devices adapters, OBDKey, Bluetooth, ELM327, OBDLink, Bluetooth, ELM327, OBDLink, Bluetooth, and many other adapters. Search on Google for more information.
More features are added every release – there are forums at http://torque-bhp.com/forums/ – if you want something added, let me know, and I’ll try to add it if possible! The number of sensors that are supported by vehicle ECUs varies.
*PLEASE NOTE: Any reports of the app hanging up or restarting after you quit it are caused by a bug in HTC devices. The problem can be fixed by disabling Pandora’s Bluetooth settings, but HTC/Samsung must release a solution. Thank you for reaching out to their support team and requesting a spot.
* Fixed an issue in the editor for PIDs when using long headers and 29bit Canbus systems
* Correct a transposition error in fault codes descriptions
Please see the ChangeLog at http://torque-bhp.com/forums for all the changes as I don’t have enough space to list them all here; thank you!
Please let me know if you have any questions or find something that does not work.