|DEVELOPER||June Fabrics Technology Inc.|
December 22, 2020
4.1 and up
Version 5.10 contains major changes. Please read the following before you update.
1. Windows side also need updating from http://pdanet.co/install
2. FoxFi still offers the original wifi Hotspot feature. You can still download it from the Play Store if you need it. You can also find the previous (4.19) version of PdaNet+ at http://pdanet.co/install/old
3. Android requires new location permission due to the wifi scan API call.
There are technical limitations to what an app can do without root access. While we do our best to provide the most convenient way to share phone Internet, it might not be ideal or universal. a normal wifi Hotspot). It might not work with certain devices.
Wifi Direct mode (new!)
PdaNet+ now offers a new feature called “Wifi Direct Hotspot”. It works with all Android phones running 4.1 or higher. You can connect tablets and computers to your phone via wifi. However, you will need to install our client app or create a proxy depending on which device you are connecting. Click the “Help!” button to activate Wi-Fi Direct Hotspot in PdaNet+. For more information, click the “Help!” button
*If you do not see the hotspot when pairing is complete, please follow these steps: 1. Rest rt Hotspot.
2. Click on “Show All Direct WiFi Hotspots”. This will verify that your adapter is compatible with 5Ghz.
FoxFi/wifi Hotspot Mode (the older)
The original WiFi Hotspot feature is still available in the FoxFi app. Due to carrier updates, it no longer works on many of the newer models of phones. Even though it does work, hotspot usage might still be limited (see plan 2 below). ifiD rect Hotspot may solve both problems. Eve, the new feature is not intended to support TVs, game devices or streaming devices.
USB mode is available on all Android phones, except for certain ZTE/Alcatel models. You can connect to the Internet from either Windows or Mac. There is also a WWifiShare feature that will turn Windows into a WwifiHotspot, allowing you to share PdaNet Internet access with other devices.
*If your computer does not recognize your phone after connecting USB, please see http://pdanet.co/driver
Bluetooth mode can be used to connect to Windows. However, Wiwifiirect is the preferred mode.
What software do I need?
Since 2003, the Treo smartphone was first to use PdaNet software. It is a must-have software, with over 30 million downloads. It all depends on what kind of data plan your phone has. There are four types of data plans offered by most carriers.
1. YYour data plan, unlimited or limited, does not permit you to activate the mobile hotspot feature. Instead, it prompts you for a call to your carrier.
2. You have unlimited data and can use your mobile hotspot to access it. B t otspot use is “metered” against an allowance (say, 5G/month). The speed of your internet connection will be slowed to a crawl. This is what I have to do!
3. You have unlimited data and can set up a mobile hotspot using your phone. There is no cap on LTE usage or throttle. This plan is not available or intended. We have seen loopholes in some models of phones that allow this.
4. You can turn on a mobile internet hotspot using your ata plan, but it is limited. The same data plan limits apply to obile hotspot usage.
PdaNet+ is required if your plan falls below 1 or 2. PdaNet+ won’t make any difference if your plan falls under 3 or 4. If you’re unsure of your plan, it is not a problem to use PdaNet+.
Wiwifirect detection problem when connecting from tablet/mac
(4.1 and up)
Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0 – 4.0.4),Jelly Bean (4.1 – 4.3.1),KitKat (4.4 – 4.4.4),Lollipop (5.0 – 5.1.1),Marshmallow (6.0 – 6.0.1),Nougat (7.0 – 7.1.1),Oreo (8.0-8.1), Pie(9.0)